Work in Progress Games
Broken Dimension RPG Engine
It's not quite finished. Infact it's very unfinished, with only the tile-engine present; I do have more plans, but I'll avoid making promises for the moment. To summarise what is here:
- An example program, which demonstrates the features such as multi-layering, etc
- The tiles.inc file, which makes up the engine so far
The features already realised are:
- Simplicity - the file need only be included, with a few global and local variables declared in the main program for it to work.
- Camera system and positioning mean that processes can be added to scrolling layer and work almost as seamlessly as the standard DIV scroll system.
- Tile layers each contained in a separate process, meaning that each can have operations done on them like any process graph (scaling, transparency, etc)
I'm uploading this
a) To get comments/feedback
b) So people can use it in their games, if they like (bear in mind though it may change alot by the final version).
Hope some person may find this helpful,
note - very few graphics on the example are my own, they are mostly taken from the rpg maker tilesets. Also, the tile engine was originally (and very loosely) based on one by retep.
|Platform:||Windows 95/98/ME , Windows XP/2000/Vista|
|Other attributes:||Source Included|
|Uploaded:||May 23, 2006|
|Rating:||No rating yet|
Rating: No rating
when one character is below another it can appear on top, you might consider giving them a z value based on the y position.